So go read the post in the link. I'll wait.
1. After the first time I shot a gun, I couldn’t hear anything for two days. This is because it was a .44 magnum and because I was eight and not wearing any ear protection. It’s a huge gun—the kind Dirty Harry used—and my dad had to help me hold it as I pulled the trigger. The next day, he had to explain to my third grade teacher why the only thing I could hear was a loud ringing.
Did 'Dad' explain to the teacher (and children & youth) how he tried to give you permanent hearing damage?
Or how STUPID it is to try to teach a child how to shoot with a .44 Magnum?
2. There are right ways and wrong ways to go about your gun-having. (And your son-having.) My dad did do a good job of teaching me about gun safety once I was able to hear him speak words again. He even went and bought ear protection.
If your dad did a good job, he would've had the hearing protection BEFORE he had you, an 8 year old who trusted his father, risk permanent hearing loss.
3. For a while, the 60 percent of Americans who don’t own personal firearms had a hard time figuring out how to communicate in the jargon of gun people. But over the course of the last few dozen national conversations after mass shootings, we’ve all become armchair experts in arsenals. Was the killer using hollow points or full metal jacket rounds? Big difference. Is there a collapsible stock on that Bushmaster AR-15? Oh, he used Colt pistols instead of Glocks? Weird
Oh, you're an expert. Because of the press coverage. Good for you. Moron. Do you consider yourself an expert driver not for actual skill and knowledge but because you watched a NASCAR race or two? Are you an NFL quarterback because you watch football?
Oh and WHAT THE @#$% does a collapsible stock have to do with lethality? BTW, Bushmaster is a manufacturer, you don't need it to differentiate AR-15s.
And let me guess, you typed 'pistol' into a Google search and Glock and Colt were the first names you recognized.
As for the first cartoon, So much for you being impartial. FWI, the right corner of that. Read this.
4. After every mass shooting—which is essentially all the time these days—gun rights advocates drag out the “more guns = more safer” argument.
And yet 92% of these 'mass shootings' happen in 'gun-free zones'. (SARCASM here) I wonder why? No I don't. These cowards go for the easy body count where no one can oppose them.
5. Now. You’re allowed to oppose gun control on grounds that restricting the ability to purchase a gun violates your second amendment rights and will leave you up shit creek without a Smith & Wesson when it comes time to overthrow a tyrannical government.
Why thank you for 'allowing' me my Constitutional rights. Here I thought that my rights were written down somewhere.
6. Some dudes wrote the Second Amendment on piece of paper a while ago and we all have to live with the result of that.
Those "Dudes" were our FOUNDING FATHERS. And you don't have to "live with the result of that". You can MOVE. I hear England is looking for a new Piers Morgan.
7. Firearm technology is one of those things that really could have stayed frozen in time two hundred years ago and we’d all be doing fine right now, really. There would still have been plenty of opportunity to get our war on and defend our homes with single shot muskets you had to arduously reload by hand. The playing field would be even for criminals, do-gooders, and armies alike.
Never in my life would I ever have experienced this statement were it not for the internet.
I hate you internet.
Single shot muskets. That is even more moronic that 'slow Joe' Biden's double barrel shotgun remark (And he's proof that every court needs a jester). Tell that to this lady.
Oh and I'm sure that every other army in the WORLD will follow your 'expert' opinion.
8. You probably don’t need to have so many weapons for self-defense. You can only really use one at a time. And guns are sturdy products. They aren’t falling apart all over the place. Get rid of some of yours and go buy yourself a nice pair of boots. You’ll look great!
Guns aren't boots. They have specific purposes. I can't concealed carry an AR-15. But I can a Glock if I wear a loose shirt. Or a .380 if it is summer and I'm wearing a T-shirt.
9. If you take the positions of the NRA and add them up, you can see how the world would look if the gun lobby got everything it wants: Every American would have easy access to assault weapons, gun dealers would not be required to check the criminal record and mental health history of someone before selling them a gun, the capacity of gun magazines could be near-infinite, and it would be illegal for a city to stop people from carrying guns in public. This would be a country where you could literally buy an AR-15 at Walmart, immediately put on full tactical gear worn by SWAT teams, and stroll into a school for your parent-teacher conference with another fully armed adult.
The NRA doesn't support that 'everyone' have easy access to any firearm.
The NRA supported the NICS background check that was instituted in the mid 90's.
You can buy a semi auto with a detachable magazine at Walmart and bullet proof vest aren't (to the best of my knowledge) restricted.
10. You think I’m anti-gun. I’m not.
Yes you are. Saying you aren't doesn't make it true.
11. But the scenarios you are preparing for aren’t going to happen. You aren’t going to save the day by shooting a terrorist in the grocery store. We need fewer guns so fewer people shoot their feet off, kill their girlfriends, kill themselves, and go on shooting sprees.
Or stop an armed robber at an internet cafe.
And fewer guns mean that the physically weaker in our society (women and elderly) would have NO defense against the stronger or multiple people with evil intent. And don't say that statement is fear mongering. If it were then you would have zero points for calling for gun control.
12. You can have guns for hunting. You can have them to ward off Mexican drug lords or whoever is going to storm into your house. Keep them there, in a locked safe.
Once again thank you for 'allowing' me to have rights. I'm still under the delusion that they are guaranteed to me in the Bill of Rights.
13. And if we by chance ever need a well-regulated militia for a revolution or zombie apocalypse, by god, we’re going to be really happy you were born with a micro-penis.
You mean you can shoot a 9mm bullet out of your penis! Dude see a doctor, I'm pretty sure something is wrong with you!
Do you want to see what gun control would do? Chicago has some of the most restrictive gun laws and Iraq is safer than Chicago.
Dan Emplit WBFD
USN 1986 - 1992