WHY?

WHY?

Thursday, October 25, 2012

"I paid for my newspaper subscription with it."

You're probably wondering what the title of this post has to do with... well anything. It's a quote from tonight's council meeting.
Let me start at the beginning. The vast majority of tonight's speakers were fed up with the idea of more taxes. Really fed up. They should have been even MORE fed up with Leighton texting the whole meeting instead of listening.
Dale Harris of 'Harris Muffler' pointed out that since "Leighton became mayor taxes have increased 240%"!
Linda Urban told of a man who's vehicle had been towed by LAG. He needed his tools out of it for work. Allegedly Leo Glodzik told him he could only get his tools if he,"paid $100 and turned over his title." That seems shady to me, but honestly I don't know the legalities.
What I do know, and was witness to was a minor confrontation between Mrs. Urban and Mr. Glozdik.
Linda Urban: What did you do with his $100?
Leo Glozdik: I paid for my newspaper subscription with it!
More than anything, This (and the smirk on his face) tells me and everyone else exactly what kind of person Leo is. You remember the person Leighton vouches for.

Near the end Karen Ceppa-Hirko pointed out various major inconsistencies in the preliminary proposed budget.
And finally when Leighton tried to turn the meeting into 'city workers bad' tirade He was meet with, first, someone saying we could save money if he didn't "take gas" and then someone else (could've been me) mentioned "Or payed his buddy $300 an hour."

Honestly, there was a lot of applause for NOT getting services cut and for Leighton, council and most of city hall taking the cuts before doing anything. Specifically Leighton taking a $40,000 cut.


Dan Emplit WBFD
AKA Don Quixote

No comments:

Post a Comment