It's happening again.
Iranian protesters stormed two diplomatic compounds in Tehran, This time it was the British that were the victims.
"The attacks come at a time of rising diplomatic tension between Iran and Western nations who last week imposed fresh sanctions over Tehran's nuclear program which they believe is aimed at achieving the capability of making an atomic bomb."
OK, lets look at some of the facts. (Oh look! I'm making another list!)
1. Two diplomatic compounds were 'stormed'
2. Diplomatic compounds are sovereign soil.
3. 'Stormed' seems to be politician double talk for INVADED.
4. The Embassy's defenders were in life threatening danger. The invaders were throwing Molotov cocktails.
5. The Brits would have had EVERY RIGHT, morally and legally, to open fire.
If This were to happen to the US embassy, And I were in charge.
1. Guards open fire.
2. Spin up the fleet. Aim EVERY gun at the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejads (AKA Mahmoud Ah-ma-nut-job) house.
3. Send Message, "Make them stop, You have 20 seconds to comply... 19"
4. If it doesn't. Bye bye palace.
5. Bye bye nuclear plant.
6. Bye bye Mahmoud Ah-ma-nut-job.
Jimmy Carter tried the 'diplo-dunk' approach, and is considered one of our weakest presidents EVER. Next to the anti-American CLOWN we have now.
When is the world going to wake up?
This is no different than handling bullies.
Bullies don't pick on a person able to defend themselves, They pick on the weak.
Muggers don't attack the 30 year old martial arts instructor carrying a Glock, They attack the 75 year old senior citizen with a walker.
But with Obama cutting our military past the bone, we are becoming the easy target. Did you know that with the retirement of the USS Enterprise (the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier) in 2012 We will be down to only 10 aircraft carriers? Than is the lowest number since 1943? In a world were studies and experts say 15 US carriers are needed.
We need to start "Speaking softly and carrying a Big Stick". Where are the Teddy Roosevelts when we need them.
"We need intellect, and there is no reason why we should not have it together with character; but if we must choose between the two we choose character without a moment's hesitation." ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Dan Emplit WBFD
USN 1986 - 1992
Rabidly Pro-American and PROUD of it.