WHY?

WHY?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It shouldn't have happened

48 years ago today, the unthinkable happened. John F. Kennedy was assassinated at 12:30 p.m. Central Time on Friday, November 22, 1963, in Dealey Plaza. Kennedy was shot while traveling with his wife Jacqueline, governor John Connally, and Connally's wife.

30 minutes later, after all heart activity had ceased and after a priest administered the last rites, the President was pronounced dead.

The Warren Commission, in a 10 month investigation, concluded that the President was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald. However the United States House Select Committee on Assassinations concluded (in 1979) that President John F. Kennedy was probably assassinated as a result of a conspiracy.

Was Oswald the assassin? Did he work alone? I believe so. Would I bet on it? NO.
What matters most is that one of the three darkest days in recent U.S. history happened. The other two are Pearl Harbor and 9/11.



John Fitzgerald "Jack" Kennedy
May 29, 1917 – November 22, 1963 Age 46
RIP

Dan Emplit WBFD

2 comments:

  1. The question remains, "Could those fatal shots have been fired in rapid succession through a surplus military rifle that the Italians threw on the ground when they surrendered"
    I will admit that I have seen some of our U S Marines do some awesome things with an 03, or even a Garand,but I have reservations which I have lived with since that fateful day. Rest in Peace Mr. President.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I happen to own one, and I can do it.... Barely


    Dan

    ReplyDelete