WHY?

WHY?

Friday, October 28, 2011

A repost of what my friend Shelly put on Facebook

You're a firefighter?? That's cool. I wanted to do that when I was a kid. What do you make?
WHAT DO I MAKE??
"I make holding your hand seem like the biggest thing in the world when im cutting you out of a car.
I can make 5 minutes seem like a lifetime when I go in a burning house to save your family.
I make those annoying sirens seem like angels when you need them.
I can make your children breathe when they stop.
I can help you survive a heart attack.
I make myself get out of bed at 3am to risk my life to save people I've never met.
I make it possible to keep back the chaos everyday.
I make going to work for your family's safety a duty that I will die for.
I make myself work holidays, nights, during hurricanes, tornados and other disasters.
Today I might make the ultimate sacrifice to save your life.
I make a difference, what do you make?"

Dan Emplit WBFD

No comments:

Post a Comment