WHY?

WHY?

Saturday, November 27, 2010

South Franklin St



I haven't posted about this fire yet because I wasn't there. It happened on my days off and since I was out 'having a few' I didn't know about it 'till the next day. So after talking to some of the Firefighters that were there, I have a few conclusions.

1. The first building could not have been saved. It was too far gone. People if you have a fire, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY. Don't waste time using multiple extinguishers and then call 911.
2. The loss of the second home... Every Firefighter that I have talked to has told me it could have been saved, but they DID NOT have the manpower. Another engine and 5 more men would have saved it. Hell every one has said another engine and 3 more men would have PROBABLY saved it. This puts its loss squarely on Dictator Leightons slimey back. Of course if called on it he will blame us. I've already posted about how he always blames others.
3. Minutes count. It is not just the number of men on the fire scene, it is the number of men on the fire scene in the critical amount of time.


We are paying for services that he is not providing. He is responsible for taking our tax money and leaving us with LESS than the MINIMUM protection. The city's own study says 17 men per shift. Dictator Leighton says 12. When asked about it he says the city doesn't have the money. But it has the money to give tax breaks to his campaign contributors, or to sell them property at 8 cents on the dollar.
Remember his Senate ad said he "brought safety and prosperity" to Wilkes-Barre.....
Maybe if you define Wilkes-Barre as his campaign contributors because he sure doesn't give a damn about our safety.

Dan Emplit WBFD
AKA Don Quixote

No comments:

Post a Comment