WHY?

WHY?

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What do I want?

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "An answer":

I mean, I don't know what you want. You signed up for this job. Its not like you were drafted in to being a firefighter. You are paid for it.
####

What do I want?
Let's start with what I DON'T want.
I don't want to have to tell someone that their loved one has died

I don't want to see a dead child ever again

I don't want to risk my life needlessly

I don't want to be lied too by the mayor AGAIN

I don't want to be lied about by our mayor AGAIN

I don't want to see another house lost to fire because we didn't have enough men

All because
Our mayor took us from 17 to 12 and that resulted in a part time engine house
Our mayor payed almost $30 million for a $12 million parking garage
Our mayor wanted a 'free security system'
Our mayor hired his relatives
Our mayor wanted 'a camera system'
Our mayor buys crap like a bus with no title
and more

I do want
Honesty in our elected officials
A city Council that LISTENS to us
A city council that aren't just bobbleheads
A city council that does the job they were elected to
A mayor who puts safety of the public FIRST
A mayor that doesn't look at the Fire dept as desposable assets
A mayor who LISTENS to the experts (Like the Lloyds study)
A mayor who remembers which union helped when he got into office ($3.5 MILLION over 7 years)
A mayor who does not bad mouth us (behind our backs)
A mayor that doesn't treat our Constitution like a baby treats diapers



Oh and by the way. "You signed up for this job. Its not like you were drafted in to being a firefighter. You are paid for it." might sound good in your head, but our Armed Forces 'signed' up as well. And get paid for it. So what you said applies to them as well. Still feel good about yourself?

If you don't like what I write, DON'T READ it.

Dan Emplit WBFD
AKA Don Quixote

1 comment:

  1. Yes they do get paid for what they do, but they don't get paid for what their job is worth. They don't get anywhere what they deserve. The mayor gets 3 or 5 times more for his lying and deceiving the city for sitting on his butt and and robbing people The mayor gets paid for doing nothing

    ReplyDelete