WHY?

WHY?

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thursdays council meeting




Well, once more I am prepping to speak to our deaf council. I have my speech done and my legal advise Incorporated into it. I know that I am wasting my breath talking to them but maybe enough people will hear that some GOOD change will happen. Since mayor 'I believe in violating constitutional rights' would not speak last time and was absent in June (rumored to have been on vacation, can't blame him for that), I'm wondering if he will speak Thursday or if he will be there.
Now I would ask any one pro or con to show up at this meeting. The small numbers at them give the council and mayor the idea that they can do anything and that we the public do not care or will meekly accept whatever they do. If you want change you need to be heard.
Edmund Burke said, "when bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
Let us 'associate' and teach politicians that we will NOT fall.
Almost everyone claims to want a change, If we want it to be for the better we MUST start somewhere, I say the Wilkes-Barre City Council meeting Thursday. If we let them know we are interested then they will stop the double secret meetings, like the one that I wrote about previously. They will have to start doing the jobs they were elected to do. By the way, they are there to serve US, not the other way around. Make them tell us, in straight terms, not political babble and double speak, where they stand on the topics that WE find important.
Another quote from Edmund Burke, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
It is time to do.

Enough 'till I post my speech Thursday

Dan Emplit WBFD

No comments:

Post a Comment