WHY?

WHY?

Friday, February 18, 2011

New DPMS .308

Picked up my B-Day present yesterday. It's a DPMS Panther LR-308AP4 16" with a free float quad rail. Here it is with my Colt (Stewie the cat likes the Colt better).



I've added an old fore grip and a Carl Zeiss Conquest 3 - 9 X 40 scope on a Burris P.E.P.R. mount. I'm iffy on the mount. It's too low to mount a rear BUIS (Back Up Iron Sights), but since the rifle is for long range fun, not personal discourse, I'm not too upset and I'll wait for a range trip or two to judge.



Also the sling is crap and way too short. It came with a detachable carry handle which I took off as step one.



I dislike the stock grip on ARs (they're to small for my hands) and prefer the BG-17 grip (which is on the right), the picture shows the size difference. So the list (so far) is a new BF-17, angled fore grip (hasn't come in yet), sling, and maybe a scope mount and bi pod.

Add On Edit: I've gotten 2 emails already asking where I got the rifle. It was from Advanced Arms in Pittston. Their service was first rate and I recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment