WHY?

WHY?

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Anyone elses fault pt 2




June 10, 2005 "I wouldn't say I oversold it. I think maybe the media did," Mayor Leighton said. (WNEP)
AKA It's not my fault, it's the medias

June 8, 2005 "I would love to have a fire station in every neighborhood but you have to remember, this is neglect of the past," said Mayor Leighton. (WNEP)
AKA It's not my fault, it's McGroartys

Mar 12, 2010 "You left me with no choice, I'm not failing you, the city administration is not failing you and city council is not failing you. Your union is failing you." (Citizens' voice)
AKA It's not my fault, it's the Firefighter Unions

Oct 18, 2007 Leighton raised taxes 20 mills when he first took office in 2004, but has not raised taxes since. “I was forced to raise taxes because of past mistakes, because of past debt,” Leighton said. (Citizens' Voice political blog)
AKA It's not my fault, it's McGroartys

October 27, 2008 Leighton said the union contract demands that the city first call out all city firefighters before another community can be contacted for help. He said Luzerne County 911 does the call-out, but the mayor said a lot of time is lost during the process. (Times Leader)
AKA It's not my fault, it's the Call Centers

July 16, 2010 About claims by police officers the system is bogged down by technical glitches at times, Leighton said "they're (police) not happy about it because they think we should put more people on the streets." (WBRE)
AKA It's not my fault, it's the Policemens'

October 15, 2008 The mayor blames the hike on health care costs and a million-dollar firefighters’ arbitration award. "By no means am I happy or proud of this budget, but it's legitimate numbers, it's legitimate expenses," said Leighton.
AKA It's not my fault, it's the Firefighters'

May 16, 2010 "We've tried to work with them to help the city," he said. "They have to help. Employees have to help. We've had other unions help us" (Citizens Voice)
AKA It's not my fault, it's the Firefighters'
When mayor was elected he asked all the city unions to help the city financially in their contracts. the fire union did (concessions = approx 3.5 million dollars over 7 years). Mayor Leighton said "By making (these) substantial concessions, the firefighters' union has agreed to become partners with the city in its revitalization plan" The Fire Fighters Union did their part and who gets cut back? And what did the other unions do exactly?

October 15, 2008 Mayor Leighton blames the tough economy, increasing health insurance premiums and a recent award of one million dollars to the city's firefighters union for the budget gap. But he promises the financial squeeze won't mean fewer police patrols, or reduced services like salting, plowing and roadwork. (WNEP)
AKA It's not my fault, It's the tough economys', increasing health insurance premiums' and a recent award to the city's firefighters unions'

Oh and he he 'promises' the financial squeeze won't mean fewer police patrols, or reduced services like salting, plowing and roadwork.
What about essentail LIFE SAVING Services?

I firmly believe that if I wasn't VOCALLY opposing the mayor we would've been cut even further, south station would've been sold (probably to disgraced ex-judge Conahans' Medic 8), and the city would be in even worse shape safety wise.

We need to keep the pressure on him and council.

Dan Emplit WBFD

No comments:

Post a Comment